As always, the safety of our guests and our staff is our primary concern. In agreement with the Santa Barbara County Health Department and in following the directives placed forth by the CDC, Eat This, Shoot That! will implement the following practices to mitigate the possibility of COVID–19 exposure to guests and employees.
You can expect the following increased safety precautions from our staff:
- All working staff have undergone additional COVID-19 training to address increased sanitation practices and the implementation of social distancing as well as other changes to company policies.
- All staff will be pre-screening themselves prior to arriving to lead tours, each and every time until regulations or mandates from the City of Santa Barbara change.
Any employee who exhibits COVID symptoms, has a high temperature or answers an affirmative to our health screen questions that show cause for concern will be encouraged to self–isolate and seek medical attention through the Santa Barbara Health Department.
- Upon meeting us for check-in we will be reminding guests of social distancing requirements. Please note that all of our check-ins take place outdoors in areas where there is ample space.
- When you purchased tickets you agreed to our Participation Waiver and agree that you are aware of the risks involved.
- All of our groups will continue to adhere to our small group size ratio of 8 guests to 1 guide. We also offer fully private tours to those looking to minimize their risk even more.
- We will be providing hand sanitizer and masks for guest and staff use.
- Signage is posted at each restaurant/bar we visit that informs, educates, and reminds employees and guests of Covid-19 signs and symptoms, proper hand washing and disinfecting practices.
Take confidence in knowing our operations teams are working extra hard to ensure we meet or exceed CDC guidelines on our tours.
We will be requiring the following protocol of our guests to keep our community as safe as possible:
- Guests will be required to pre-screen and asses their health prior to joining a trip that includes the following 3 questions and/or a temperature check:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 72 hours?
- When appropriate, guests will be required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth, we encourage you bring your own mask to ensure your comfort. However, disposable masks will be available for any guests who do not bring one.
- Please take the necessary precautions to protect yourself before your trip and when traveling. If you are 60 or older, or if you have a chronic medical condition such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes, please feel free to give us a call.
- Please call our office if you have been in contact with someone (within approximately 6 feet for any sustained period of time) of a person known to have COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to a scheduled trip or if you develop flu-like symptoms (a fever, cough, and shortness of breath) during the 14 days prior to a scheduled trip.
For information specific to our COVID flexible cancellation policy please call our office, 805-699-6719.
Our COVID response plan is subject to change at any time based on city, county, or national guidance. Updated July 7, 2020.