We’ll show you the best places to eat in Solvang on this mouthwatering tour that includes the best comfort food, artisan shops, and tasting rooms in the walkable downtown area.
- MOST POPULAR
Funk Zone Food Tour
- Food tastings are enough for lunch.
- Great for large group outings & private parties.
- Tours operate rain or shine. (Please wear comfy clothes and shoes for walking.)
- Smartphone photography highly encouraged.
- Suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- Adult Ages 21+
- Non-Drinking All ages
Visit the best restaurants in the Santa Barbara Funk Zone
Taste Santa Barbara’s best food and drinks on this foodie adventure through the city’s most eclectic, art-driven neighborhood.
- Up to 8 tastings & locations, bites, and sips – with a professional tour guide.
- Discover hidden street art and soak in the culture of Santa Barbara’s most eclectic neighborhood.
- Learn foodie photo tips and tricks using your smartphone’s camera.
What to Expect
Our Santa Barbara food tour starts on the edge of the Funk Zone across the street from the beach and will walk you through the heart of Funk Zone and lower State Street neighborhoods where you will taste the cuisine that our city is known for!
Treat yourself to bites of artisan foods, freshly baked goodies, seafood, and Mexican dishes as well as craft brews, local wines and hand-crafted spirits. Along the way, you’ll get immersed in the local culture, explore the neighborhood, discover local restaurants, and hear interesting stories about each place you’ll visit.
You’ll also learn easy-to-shoot photo tips from your pro tour guide and take your foodie photo skills to the next level using your smartphone’s camera app. By the end of your three-hour tour, you’ll be eating like a local and shooting like a pro! (Please note: we may not be able to accommodate shellfish or vegan/strict vegetarian dietary restrictions. This tour is also NOT suitable for celiac restrictions. Please call for more info or to get those burning foodie questions answered.)
Explore beyond Downtown Santa Barbara and let your local guide serve you the best of each menu at some of these local hidden hot spots.
- The Valley Project: A top-shelf winery featuring small batch wines from incredibly diverse viticultural areas of our local Santa Ynez Valley.
- Lucky Penny: Unique corner cafe serving creative wood-fired flatbread and housemade BBQ chips.
- Mony’s Mexican Food Taqueria: Family-owned and operated, hole-in-the-wall taqueria known for street tacos, housemade chips, and the best salsa bar in town. (Weekday and Saturday tours only.)
- Cutler’s Artisan Spirits: The city’s first legal distillery since Prohibition, featuring top-shelf bourbon, whiskey, vodka, gin, and apple pie liqueur.
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co.: A family-run brewing company, featured in the heart of the Funk Zone, focusing on top tier beers.
- McConnell’s Ice Cream: THE best ice cream in Santa Barbara with recipes and methods that date back to 1949.
- Santo Mezcal: Southern Mexican cuisine with a Santa Barbara seafood influence.
- The Bier Garten: Lively bar and restaurant featuring German dishes and renowned beers.
- Chocolate Maya: Hand-crafted artisan chocolates made in the European tradition with American innovation.
- Santa Barbara Popcorn Co.: Locally harvested, hand-popped, organic/GMO-free artisan popcorn.
Where to Meet
You will receive a confirmation email after booking that direct you to your meeting location.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page to submit your own.