This foodie adventure brings you to the best restaurants in the Funk Zone, Santa Barbara’s most eclectic, art-driven neighborhood. Taste the best food and drink in the neighborhood.
- Great for private parties and small groups
- Restrooms available at every stop
- Smartphone photography highly encouraged
- Tours operate rain or shine. (Please wear comfy clothes and shoes for walking.)
Sip & savor Santa Barbara wines in historic tasting rooms in the city’s oldest neighborhood led by a true cork dork!
- Taste 10+ wines and a few small bites – with a professional tour guide/cork dork
- Discover Santa Barbara County wines that YOU enjoy and learn how to wine taste like a pro
- Explore downtown Santa Barbara’s oldest neighborhood and hear stories about the city’s early history
- Learn travel photo tips using your smartphone’s camera app
- El Paseo Tour Guide Sheet – with map and exclusive tour guest discounts!
What to Expect
This downtown Santa Barbara wine tour starts in De La Guerra Plaza, just off State Street, where your local guide will walk you through the historic Presidio neighborhood to taste top-shelf wines sourced from the Santa Ynez Valley and a couple of small bites from nearby restaurants (enough to cleanse your palate and keep the good wines flowing!).
Let your tour guide act as your personal wine concierge as you explore the world of wine and learn how to wine taste like a pro. During the tour, you will taste your way through all of Santa Barbara’s French-style wines -Burgundian, Rhone, and Bordeaux- while your local guide/wine expert helps you find the type of wines that suit your palate best!
As you stroll along the cobblestone pathways, you’ll learn a few travel photo tips from your pro tour guide and take your storytelling photo skills to the next level using your smartphone’s camera app. You’ll also hear about the city’s early history and interesting stories about the winemakers and local wine industry. By the end of your half-day tour, you’ll be dubbed a true “cork dork” and know how to shoot like a pro!
This tour is perfect for those who want to take a wine tour of Santa Ynez Valley without having to spend the whole day in a bus or van. We’ll show you how to walk and wine like a local without having to leave the city!
Taste 10+ local wines in historic downtown Santa Barbara while your guide shares fascinating wine & history facts plus travel photo tips!
- Cebada Wine: Taste small batch, Burgundian-style wines hand crafted on a local 100-acre farm located in the Santa Rita Hills of Santa Barbara County.
- C’est Cheese: Enjoy a stop at a French-style cheese shop & cafe for a sampling of local and imported cheeses straight from the farms to your table.
- Grassini Family Vineyards: Sip and savor from this family-owned winery featuring Bordeaux-style wines sourced from their estate property in Happy Canyon.
- Happy Canyon Vineyards: Toast to the good life with award-winning Bordeaux-style wines sourced from this family owned winery in Happy Canyon.
- Jamie Slone Wines: Sip limited production, handcrafted Bordeaux, Burgundian, Italian and Rhône varietals from the best vineyards of Santa Barbara County.
- Margerum Wine Co.: Taste from a winery dedicated and focused on working with the top Santa Barbara County vineyards.
Where to Meet
You will receive a confirmation email after booking that direct you to your meeting location.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page to submit your own