Let us plan your custom private Santa Barbara foodie experience! Our tours and tasting events make for the perfect group outing!
Solvang Food Tour
- Food tastings are enough for lunch.
- Great for small group outings & private parties.
- Suitable for all fitness levels.
- Smartphone photography highly encouraged.
- Tours operate rain or shine. (Please wear comfy clothes and shoes for walking.)
- Adult Ages 21+
- Non-Drinking All ages
Visit the best places to eat in Solvang
Discover the best comfort food, hidden watering holes, and artisan shops in downtown Solvang while learning about the local history.
- 9-10 tastings & foodie locations, bites, and sips – with a professional tour guide.
- Explore the town of Solvang while learning about the Danish lifestyle.
- Learn foodie photo tips and tricks using your smartphone’s camera.
- Hear interesting stories aboout Solvang’s unique history
What to Expect
Our Solvang food tour starts on Mission Drive in the heart of this Danish town and will walk you through the downtown neighborhood streets where you will taste traditional and local artisan cuisine of Solvang and the Central Coast.
Indulge in bites of traditional Danish comfort fare, fresh baked Solvang bakery goodies, and Santa Barbara County wines plus sample artisan goods. Along the way, you’ll get immersed in the local culture and hear interesting stories about each place you’ll visit.
You’ll also learn easy-to-shoot photo tips from your pro tour guide and take your foodie photo skills to the next level using your smartphone’s camera app. By the end of your three-hour food tour, you’ll be eating like a local and shooting like a pro! (Please note: We may not be able to accommodate vegetarian diets at all of our stops. This tour is not recommended for anyone with celiac/gf or vegan restrictions.)
Skip the tourist traps and head out with a local foodie for a fun-filled, behind-the-scenes cultural tasting of this unique Danish village.
Tastings on this tour may include visits to the following places:
- Bit O Denmark: Traditional Danish fare in Solvang’s oldest restaurant.
- High Roller Tiki Lounge: Speakeasy-style wine cocktail lounge inspired by Disney.
- Copenhagen Sausage Garden: Outdoor beer garden that specializes in family-made sausages.
- Solvang Spice Merchant: Colorful spice shop featuring premium spices, teas, salts, sugars, and gifts.
- Los Olivos Olive Oil Company: Locally harvested olive oils as well as unique balsamic vinegar in a shared wine tasting room.
- Peasant’s Feast: Dive into flavorful seasonal dishes with locally sourced ingredients.
- Crawford Family Wines: Micro boutique winery featuring locally grown French and Spanish varietals.
- Olsen’s Bakery: European cookies, jams, and treats are the focus of this old-world bakery.
- Cailloux Cheese Shop: European-style specialty food and cheese shop.
- Twenty Mile Wine: Indulge in premium wines grown in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley
- Solvang Restaurant: Charming family-style restaurant featuring THE best aebleskivers
Where to Meet
You will receive a confirmation email after booking that direct you to your meeting location.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page to submit your own.