We’ll show you the best places to eat in Solvang on this mouthwatering tour that includes the best comfort food, artisan shops, and tasting rooms in the walkable downtown area.
Solvang Bakery & Wine Crawl
- Adult Ages 21+
- Non-Drinking Ages 6-20 or any non-drinking adult.
Indulge at all the Best Bakeries in Solvang!
We can’t think of anything better than a bakery crawl through downtown Solvang where you’ll enjoy various sweet and savory treats, plus sips of local wines and samples of olive oils and cheeses from all the best bakeries and artisan shops in charming downtown Solvang.
- 9-10 tastings & foodie locations, bites, and sips – with a professional tour guide.
- Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes peak at how our town’s sweets are crafted.
- Learn foodie photo tips and tricks using your smartphone’s camera.
- Hear interesting stories about Solvang’s unique history.
What to Expect
Our Solvang bakery crawl starts on Mission Drive in the heart of this Danish town and will walk you through the downtown neighborhood streets where you will taste traditional and local artisan fare of Solvang.
Indulge in bites of traditional Danish pastries, savory goodies, and Santa Barbara County wines plus sample artisan goods. Along the way, your taste buds will get immersed in the local hygge lifestyle, you’ll learn about local history and hear interesting stories about each place you’ll visit.
You’ll also learn easy-to-shoot photo tips from your pro tour guide and take your foodie photo skills to the next level using your smartphone’s camera app. By the end of your four-hour food tour, you’ll be eating like a local and shooting like a pro! (Please note: We are not be able to accommodate substitutions on this tour for dietary restrictions. This tour is not recommended for anyone with celiac/gluten-free or vegan restrictions.)
Skip the tourist traps and head out with a local foodie for a fun-filled, behind-the-scenes cultural tasting of this unique Danish village.
Tastings on this tour may include visits to the following places:
- Ingeborg’s: Danish chocolate shop stocked with handcrafted, traditional and rare chocolates.
- Los Olivos Olive Oil Company: Locally harvested olive oils as well as unique balsamic vinegars in a shared wine tasting room.
- Crawford Family Wines: Micro boutique winery featuring locally grown French and Spanish varietals.
- Olsen’s Bakery: European cookies, jams, and treats are the focus of this old-world bakery.
- Cailloux Cheese Shop: European-style specialty food and cheese shop.
- Twenty Mile Wine: Indulge in premium wines grown in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley.
- Solvang Restaurant: Charming family-style restaurant featuring THE best aebleskivers in town.
- Mortensen’s Danish Bakery: Quaint, old-timey gift shop and bakery featuring European pastries.
- The Solvang Bakery: Family-owned bakery famous for their custom gingerbread houses and sweet treat creations.
- Alma Rosa Winery: Estate grown grapes crafted to design vineyard-designated, small production wines.
Where to Meet
You will receive a confirmation email after booking that direct you to your meeting location.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page to submit your own.